Winter weather highlights how much we rely on gas to keep us warm, cook our meals and provide hot water. It’s important that gas appliances are working properly and safely and don’t break down just when we need them most.
Stay safe and don’t be left out in the cold this winter. Remember these top gas safety tips and help protect yourself, your family and your home.
ALWAYS USE A GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEER
Prepare for the winter by making sure your gas boilers, cookers and fires have been serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It is the only official list of qualified gas engineers and is there to help keep you safe.
HOW TO FIND A GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEER
Finding a Gas Safe registered engineer in your area is quick and easy.
- Visit: www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk
- Freephone: 0800 408 5500
GET YOUR GAS APPLIANCES
SAFETY CHECKED EVERY YEAR
Make sure you get your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked once a year. This includes your gas boiler, gas cooker and gas fire.
REMEMBER – Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer. Dangerous gas work can be deadly. Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
ALWAYS CHECK THE GAS SAFE ID CARD
All Gas Safe registered engineers carry a Gas Safe Register ID card. Always check the front and back of the card before letting them into your home.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Having your gas appliances serviced every year will help keep them working safely and efficiently
- Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can produce deadly carbon monoxide
- A survey of gas engineers showed that most problems with gas appliances are caused by lack of annual servicing
GAS SAFE CHECKLIST
- Is your gas engineer on the Gas Safe Register?
- Have you checked they are qualified to work on the specific job you require?
- Have you checked the front and back of their Gas Safe Register