Do not attempt to fit, fix or move gas appliances such as your boiler or cooker yourself. Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Make sure you always use a Gas Safe registered engineer to carry out gas work in your home.
Follow Gas Safe Register’s top tips to stay Gas Safe
• Never DIY with gas appliances such as a
cooker. Only Gas Safe registered engineers
have the right skills to do this safely
• Never block or cover air vents and flues – they
might be essential for your gas appliances to
• Never attempt to remove gas appliances yourself, it’s dangerous
• If you are having building work done in your
home always check that your contractor is
qualified for the work you need doing
• Check where your gas pipes are so you don’t
accidently hammer or drill into them
HOW TO FIND A GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEER
Gas Safe Register can help you find a local Gas Safe registered engineer and tell you if they’re qualified for the type work you need them to do. All you need to do is;
• Visit: www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk
• Freephone: 0800 408 5500
All Gas Safe registered engineers carry an ID card to show you they are Gas Safe registered when they turn up at your front door. Always check the card, even if you’ve seen the yellow Gas Safe triangle on their van or a friend recommended them. All gas work is different and the back of the ID card tells you if they’re registered for the specific job you need them to do.
￼￼￼￼DID YOU KNOW?
• 1 in 3 people admit they would DIY with their gas appliances.
• 100,000 home improvement jobs end